7.8.10

Give, and you shall receive?



























I waited on a table today who didn't give me anything in tips. Bastards. Not to worry. They apologised and I politely responded that it had been my pleasure. Their excuse for going tip-free was that they paid on a platiunum credit card).As i waved them goodbye (yes, i ACTUALLY waved) It only then occured to me that i had lied. To be honest, had i been playing the card game, 'Bulshit'? I would have had a huge, fat stack of cards sitting in my lap in that moment.


I've been wondering a bit lately (read: alot). Is the only reason we give; to receive? If we aren't getting out what we put in, should we continue to give? Im going to be brave and be really honest. I would not have been as out-of-my-way friendly had i known they would not tip. 


Truth is, i really do believe is that giving never disadvantanges the doner. In fact, giving ensures you have more chances of being able to receive. If you don't get back everytime, thats ok. Because you're already 10 up on the people who wait for good things to happen to them.